1) For what crops can CleanLight be used?
For plants, flowers, fruits, vegetables and herbs.
2) Which fungi does CleanLight kill?
All fungi that grows from the outside in. Fungus that is easy to kill with Cleanlight UV crop protection is for example powdery mildew, this type of fungus stays "on" the plant. Diseases that can be lightet with CleanLight UV lamps will be killed. With regard to botrytis, this fungus can be killed as well with CleanLight but if it grew into the plant or crop it is not possible to cure it again.
3) What are the advantages of using CleanLight?
a) Fights fungus, bacteria and viruses.
b) Does not leave any residue's on the crop.
c) Safe Plug & Play unit.
d) 100% Biological.
4) Does CleanLight also kill powdery mildew?
Yes, powdery mildew is the main fungus that can be fought effectively by with the Cleanlight Hobby Unit.
5) How often should CleanLight be used?
CleanLight advices to use the CleanLight Hobby Unit on a daily basis. Against powdery mildew or other fungus types that do not grow into the plant it is also possible to use the light 2 or 3 times per week.
6) Does CleanLight fight spider mites or aphids?
The CleanLight method will have little or no effect on the deactivation of spider mites or lice. However, what is proven is that less spraying will make the leaves and stem of a plant stronger. The wax layer remains intact, and therefore the epidermis of the crop is also strengthened.
This has a positive effect on the immune system of a plant. It is resistant to any infestations of spider mites or lice.
7) What is the durability of a UV-C bulb?
CleanLight advises to replace the bulb once in the two years. The light bulb is tested and works 4000-6500 hours. This mainly depends on the amount of off/on switches.
8) How long should the CleanLight modules warm up before using it?
CleanLight recommends to let the Hobby Unit warm up for one minute before you start the treatment.
9) Is the CleanLight technology not dangerous for the crop?
In the past years, CleanLight conducted a lot of research regarding this subject, with positive results.
The CleanLight method is based on a UV-C dosage that is:
a) High enough to kill the mycelium (germinating fungi) but,
b) Low enough to not apply any damage to the crop.
10) Is the CleanLight technology not harmful to biological pesticides such as little bugs?
No, this very low dose of UV-C light is not harmful to natural fighters. Practical experience has shown, several of our satisfied users work with the combination of CleanLight and their biological control method.
11) Is the CleanLight technology also usable in the open air?
The CleanLight technology is usable in the open air. Crops in the open air are usually stronger and can therefore endure more light. Plants outside can be lightet up to 10 seconds on one spot.